Monday, September 08, 2008

Weddings, Knitting, Crafts & KIsses

All in all, I've decided that weddings are way more fun when they're not yours. There's no pressure on you and no planning. If you have a few "liquid refreshments", no one will really care cause you aren't going to be the one saying the vows.

We had an absolute blast this weekend.

I got some knitting done in the car. Would've gotten farther if I hadn't chosen sock yarn to make a scarf with. Why, oh why, didn't I use worsted weight??



First (after driving a bazillion hours to Tampa from Atlanta) we got ourselves (me, dad, mom, & bro) all cleaned up real pretty for this informal shindig:When we got there, I got the professional photographer's panties all in a wad because I wanted to take pics of the bride in her wedding shawl that I made, dammit and that's what I did. I couldn't have cared less that he was upset. I was very careful not to have my flash interfere with his, so in my opinion he could just go and stuff that camera where the sun doesn't shine. (I held that opinion for the rest of the wedding too.)

Didn't the Wedding Stole turn out perfect with her dress?



Oh yeah, and she was lovely too! As was her Mom:Couple of things I really liked about the ceremony:

1. Informal and fun. No stuffiness here. An example? The bride & groom wore flip flops. (The pastor did too and he also wore a Hawaiian shirt but I didn't get a pic of that.)

2. An Arts & Crafts moment was included - Instead of a unity candle, they used "Unity Sand". One color of sand for each of them was poured into an engraved glass bottle during that part of the ceremony.


3. And last, but not least, "The Kiss" was WAY HOT:
The groom is definitely a cutie. Sorry, his brother is married too.

2 comments:

  1. That shawl is beautiful, girl! You did an awesome job! It was perfect with her dress.
    What a fun, original ceremony. I love the relaxed atmosphere. Looks like fun.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:51 PM

    The shawl turned out beautifully - congrats! Looks like a fun wedding...

    ReplyDelete