Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Faking Sick

Ever have a day where you long to march the children out to the back wall of the yard, hand them a blindfold and last cigarette and dole out the ammunition to the neighborhood firing squad? Me too. Today was one of them.

The Eldest's Issues: Was already out one day of school due to stomach issues. Took a second one today when I had to work up at the children's consignment sale. So I took him with me and made him sit and read while I worked. And Lo and Behold, a Miraculous Recovery took place. I was ready to strap on that blindfold right then. I even got him to admit that he had lied about how he was feeling. He'll be living on electronic restriction for a while now. No tv, computer, handheld games, nothing, zilch, nada.

The Youngest's Issue: Had my first "talk" from the teacher. He won't listen to them, tells them no, is disrespectful, yadda, yadda, yadda. I tried to warn them...

4 comments:

  1. Aww...been there done that sooo many times. I wish I had some words of wisdom for ya but I still haven't figured it all out myself.
    Good luck!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's something in the water, my kids were both maniacs the past few days! It's no wonder our parents would only let us stay home if we had a fever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My rule was if a child had a fever or was actively vomiting, s/he stayed home. Otherwise, it was off to school... at least for a few hours, because I frequently had to fetch them later in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't it just crack you up the lengths that they'll go to just to avoid school? I'd understand it more if he was in high school, but this is only elementary for pete's sake.

    ReplyDelete